Monday, February 27, 2012

Bee blocks, and a pincushion finish


First up are three bee blocks for Leigh of leedle deedle quilts,  this is for the Bee Tweet bee on flickr.  Leigh sent an amazing fabric selection in blues and greens and asked us all to make 1/4 log cabins for her. I was able to make three blocks, and I love the way they turned out.  
January was my month in this bee, and as soon as I get all my blocks, I will show you the awesomeness that the group did for me:-)

Next up is a pincushion that I made as part of the Bee a {Modern} Swapper group on flickr.  This group combines a quilting bee, and a swap group all in one.  One month you make bee blocks, the next you swap an item.  February was the first month for the group, and we are swapping pincushions.  I chose a cute Heather Ross bicycle print, and paired it with some orange and purples. 
I left the salvage on the backing fabric, I love me a little salvage:-) I filled it with some batting scraps, and added rice to weigh it down a little.  I like my pincushions a little on the heavy side so I don't send them flying across the desk every time I stick a pin in them.  

I have a couple more projects to tell you about, so check back tomorrow, or Wednesday to see them.

No comments: