Thursday, April 26, 2012

Handmade Bibs


I've been making so bibs for my neighbor.  She has an in-home daycare and needed some new bibs for the babies.  All she could find in the store closed with velcro, but she waned some that closed with a snap.  Velcro gets nasty after a few washes, and ends up not closing very well.  I found a pattern, but it was to small.  So I took one of her velcro bibs, added 1/4" seam allowance, and presto the perfect bib pattern.  The front is flannel.  
 For the back I put terrycloth on some, and for the girly ones, I used chenille.  They are SO soft!
This one is my favorite.  I have a few more to make for her, and then it's back to my Mother-in-law's quilts.  Then I can finish my swoon quilt, and start some granny square quilt blocks, and then busting some scraps........I have so many things I want to make!!

No comments: