Friday, April 6, 2012

March Bee Blocks


First up are two bookshelf quilt blocks for Manda.  She is a librarian, so she thought a bookcase quilt would be a requirement in her house.  She also wanted some non-book items to be included.  I originally thought of adding a tea cup, but someone beat me to that idea so naturally wine was my second choice.  These are part of the Bee a {Modern} Swapper bee.  This bee is great because it mixes a quilting bee, and a swap all in one.  One month is a swap month, the next is a bee month.  Right now they are swapping potholders, as much as I wanted to do that, I have to finish some projects first so I took the month off.  May is my month for bee blocks and I have something really cool for my group to make for me, stay tuned:-).


And next is a quilt block for Ali.  She was inspired by a painting and wanted us to recreate it in quilt blocks.  These are for the Bee Tweet bee.  We are in our last month for this bee, and I am really going to miss it.  There are some AMAZING quilters in this group, and no one got bent out of shape if their blocks were a bit late.  I hope we continue another year.

That's it for now.  Check back in the next day or two for more finished projects, I seem to be on a roll!!   

No comments: