Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Saltwater New Wave Quilt

I made this beautiful quilt for the lovely Denise.  Denise lives in Canada and I've had the pleasure of making quilts for her in the past.  This time she requested a quilt using Tula Pink's Saltwater collection.  After a few pattern suggestions she chose the New Wave quilt pattern by Elizabeth Hartman.  This is the fourth new wave quilt I have made, and it's one of my favorites for showing off large scale prints.

Here is a closeup of the back of the quilt.  You can see I did a lot of quilting.  I wanted to play around with different quilting designs and I love the way it turned out.  This is my third completed quilt of the year, WOW!!  And this is my finish for the Lovely Year of Finishes.  Woot Woot!!

Now to move on to the next project, which I think will be a Star Wars quilt for my youngest.


2 comments:

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

This is so fantastic! I adore it.

LynCC said...

I *love* these quilts, and this one is particularly pretty. :)