Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WIP it Wednesday


 I am determined to finish all my WIP's and UFO's, so that means I have lots to show you today.  First up is this red, green, and yellow quilt that I started sometime in 2008.  My tastes have definitely changed since starting this quilt, but it will make a good picnic/baseball/soccer practice quilt.  I have two more rows to attach, then the dreadful basting can proceed.
Speaking of basting, I have basted three quilts in the past two days.  My knees are killing me!  The first is the Robert Kaufman solid challenge quilt from 20011.  I did some fancy pre-quilting marking on it.  hopefully I can start the quilting this week.
Next to be basted was my Granny Tula quilt.  This quilt top has only been finished for months, not years, so I don't feel too bad.

Last but not least, is my swoon quilt.  I think this is my most favorite quilt I've ever made.  It has all my favorite prints in it, and how can you not love a Swoon quilt?

One quilt in progress, and three all basted and waiting to be quilted.  I think I have enough to keep me busy for a while.  What are you working on?

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

You deserve a reward for all of the basting! My knees & back ache just reading about it... 3 lovely quilts heading for the finish line - good for you!

Jennie said...

That is a lot of basting - I did a lot at the weekend too and my knees were fine. Until the next day! Good luck with your quilting!

katie jean said...

I love seeing these! Bring them in on Tuesday :)

Julia @PhD by Publication said...

Good job! The quilts are totally adorable! For now, I’m focused with home makeovers, with kids and stress. Just kidding. But true, I’m very determined to finish our project at home. Hopefully it will be over within the month. Well, again congratulations on such a wonderful piece of art! You pure got the talent. So amazing!